Monday 20 June 2011

if you're braving the high street sales, try these top of the shops first...


I indulged in some lunchtime and post work shopping, but without the guilt thanks to the prolific high street sales going on at the moment.

Here are my recommendations for those looking for a few bits for holiday, while saving some money for cocktails, a second third pair of sunglasses, sandals, wedges... or the overweight luggage charge.

The COS sale



30% and 50% off some of their past season items, nonetheless the old stuff's still got it!. If clean lines, quality fabric and cut, and the odd detail here and there make your heart quicken then head on down.

I bought a gorgeous white chunky knit for £28.50 (was £59) and a classic white tee with zip detail breast pockets for £17 (was £34). Will post photos soon!

Find your nearest store here

The Dorothy Perkins sale


Dotty Ps are offering 20-50% off online and in-store. I find that Dorothy Perkins used to be the place of choice when you wanted something reasonably on-trend but cheaper than forking out at Topshop prices, however, the prices seem to have risen lately but the quality of the fabric and design haven't really risen correspondingly.

Nevertheless, the 'third party' labels they have in-store are also included in the sale, which makes a browse more worthwhile. In fact, I bought a leopard print jersey dress there at lunchtime, was £40, now £17. Will post a photo later!

The Urban Outfitters sale (Accessories)





In addition to the various discount codes that you can use at Urban Outfitters (see my previous post here), their online accessories sale is pretty decent.

30-50% discounts off a good range of accessories means you're definitely spoilt for choice, perhaps ignore the headbands... I like the look of the knuckle ring (£8), the beaded skinny belt (£12), and the rhinestone cat's eyes sunglasses (£10).


The ASOS sale


I was so pleased as punch with my jumpsuit sale find on asos, as featured in my previous post that I also bought this dress (£30), which I'd been pining for at Christmas time when it was featured in Vogue and totally sold out.

I'm particularly impressed with the shorts selection (109 items at around 30-50% off) and the sandals selection, flat and heeled (231 items at around 30-70% off).

Like these from All Saints at asos (£58 from £145)

And these from Diesel at asos (£45 was £90)




I hope you enjoy and feel free to share your sale stories with me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment